Editor problem - refreshing

6 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 4, 2009   (RSS)

By rjbathgate - August 12, 2008 - edited: August 12, 2008

Hi,

We have version 1.2 of CMS Builder running, and are having a few problems with things not automatically refreshing

For example, when we are in a Section Editor, and click Quick Add to add a new field - nothing happens. We have to manually refresh f5 to reload the page, and the new field is then added.

Similarly, when modifying a field, clicking Save doesn't take you back to the main page. It sits there. Then when you manually refresh, it goes back to main page, and the amend you've just made has been applied.

Also, on the additional options under modify (for uploads for example), the 'Click here to display' doesn't open up the options, so there is no way to get into these additional options.

Also when adding new records into tables, the Save button doesn't do anything. A refresh then takes you back to the table main page where your record has now been added.

Any thoughts?!

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Re: [rjbathgate] Editor problem - refreshing

By Dave - August 13, 2008

Hi Rob, did you just upgrade?

Try clearing your cache. If that's not it email me the url and CMS login info to dave@interactivetools.com. If everything's not working it could be a server wide issue like the web server sending the wrong content types for javascript .js files or something like that.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Editor problem - refreshing

By rjbathgate - August 13, 2008

Hi Dave,

No, it's a new install, with a fresh CMS install downloaded from you only a few days ago.

As per other post, website is currently down, so if problem persists when we get back up and running i'll let you know!

Cheers
Rob

Re: [rjbathgate] Editor problem - refreshing

By rconring - February 3, 2009

I was about to post concerning the same problem, then remembered that IE6 has some issues that affect admin behavior. Sure enough, I tried the same in Firefox and the page refreshes just fine. I also have problems with drag sort using IE6 ... when I try to drag a field up by one, it insists on going all the way to the top and cannot drag any field down. This also does not occur with Firefox.
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

Re: [Deborah] Editor problem - refreshing

By Perchpole - February 4, 2009

I have learned never to update my CMS pages using IE. It's much easier to default to Firefox.

:0)

Perch