hosting

5 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 3, 2009   (RSS)

By Suicide - January 30, 2009

For support...

Whom do you recomend for hosing builder with? I'm not a yahoo fan at all, I did read the specs but wanted to see if you have any recomendations to save me a headach?

Thanks

Re: [Suicide] hosting

By Dave - January 30, 2009

Hi suicide, welcome to the CMS Builder forum.

These days, almost any host will do. We support version of PHP and MySQL that are over 4.5 years old.

If anyone wants to recommend their host or a good host they've worked with feel free to post here! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] hosting

By gkornbluth - January 30, 2009

I've been using IXWebHosting for a number of years and recommend it to all of my clients.

One of their big claims to fame is that their tech support is excellent and based in Kentucky. No entry level techs!!!!

They suffer from the same issues as most shared hosting providers who deal with thousands of customers, (abuse issues, etc.) but have an excellent interface and a wide range of system software and services.

They do offer a dedicated server program that might make sense to some of you who would rather have your own server and only share that space with your clients. Break even cost is about 20 clients.

They also offer an excellent affiliate program, but I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't find them to be dependable.

Hope that helps,

Jerry
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [Suicide] hosting

By rconring - February 3, 2009

I also have been using IXWebhosting for about 6 years now and have over 60 sites hosted in 4 different accounts. After having used many other hosts, they are my champs! I seldom have to call for support, but when I do, I get an ENGLISH SPEAKING HUMAN VOICE with minimal wait time. Their control panel is very nice and they allow a lot of control over the server(s). They are based in Columbus, Ohio now (Moved from Kentucky last year) in a new state of the art facility. All Interactive Tools' products run great on their server, both Linux and Windows.
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987