AutoPublish Date Question

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 30, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [InHouse] AutoPublish Date Question

By Dave - January 30, 2009

Hi J,

No the neverRemove checkbox just affects the removeDate. So you need to have a startDate that is before the current time for the article to display. A couple options and some more info:

- If you don't need startDate at all you can just remove that field. Articles will display until the removeDate is reached.

- If you remove 2008 from the date pulldown list and then edit an article with a start date in 2008 it won't have that value to select and will likely default to 2009 (the first value is the default) making that article disappear on save. You probably want to have your year date range be wide enough to accommodate all the current dates in the database.

- If you're off by a few hours you can check your timezone is set correctly under: Admin > Regional Settings

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions about any of that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] AutoPublish Date Question

By InHouse - January 30, 2009

Thanks Dave,

You nailed the exact situation. I was trying to simplify things for my client by setting the year menu to automatically show 2009. The 2008 articles, when edited, are being reset. I've put the date back to 2008 and all seems well.

Also thanks for the clarification on the exact function of the neverRemove option. I just have to remember that it means oncePublishedNeverRemove. [;)]

Cheers,
J.