Checkboxs for URLs

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 21, 2009   (RSS)

By Mohaukla - January 20, 2009

I have a multiple listing used for a "Quick Links" area.
I have 2 check boxes for each listing ... one to open in a different window and one to change the link to a CSS style for the text.
i need an IF/ELSE statement for each link that will allow those check box items to be applied.

Current Code
<td height="20"><a href="<?php echo $quicklinksRecord['url'] ?>" class="style4"><?php echo $quicklinksRecord['title'] ?></a></td>

I need a target="_blank" for the checkbox status "1" for the field named 'new_window'

I need class="style4blue" for the checkbox status "1" for the field named 'blue_link'

Could you provide me with the proper IF/ELSE statements for this?

Thanks,
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Re: [justritedesign] Checkboxs for URLs

By Dave - January 20, 2009

Hi Michael,

Try this:

<?php if ($quicklinksRecord['new_window']): ?>target="_blank"<?php endif ?>

<?php if ($quicklinksRecord['blue_link']): ?>class="style4blue"<?php endif ?>

Just put those where you want them to appear.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Checkboxs for URLs

Can you have an ELSE statement inside those because what I see happening is that I need to call the class at the link but if I just use the code you have, it will end up rendering html that looks like :

...class="style4"class="style4blue ...

What I want it to do is:
If the checkbox is checked then input "class=style4blue" else use class="style4"

How would that look like?

I hope that makes more sense.

Thanks,
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

By Dave - January 20, 2009

Try this:

<?php if ($quicklinksRecord['blue_link']): ?>
class="style4blue"
<?php else: ?>
class="style4"
<?php endif ?>
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Dave ,
I forgot to mention that the html used in that fashion with the two classes beside each other DOES work. It just seems a patch type fix rather than substituting one class for the other.

For everyone this code does work as long as you put the regular class first and add the checkbox code in front of it:

<td height="20"><a href="<?php echo $quicklinksRecord['url'] ?>" <?php if ($quicklinksRecord['blue_link']): ?>class="style4blue"<?php endif ?>class="style4"<?php if ($quicklinksRecord['new_window']): ?>target="_blank"<?php endif ?>><?php echo $quicklinksRecord['title'] ?></a></td>

Browsers should use whichever class is first. I was just looking for and ELSE statement that would
get me a cleaner result.

Thanks for your help Dave,
Michael Moyers