MultiSearch

50 posts by 11 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 14, 2012   (RSS)

By richo - May 28, 2008

I keep going round in circles so I hope you can help.

The iframe does work but causes big problems when used either for the list or the search. Links, of course appear in the frame.

Would you mind following this link to see what I am trying to do please? http://theatremusicshop.com/dlg/cart/mp3List.php

I want to have the search on a separate page but when a search is made I want the results to show like the list is displayed now. At the moment when a search is made the results are shown below the search as links. I want them to appear with all the information as per the mp3List.

Many thanks

John

Re: [richo] MultiSearch

By Dave - May 28, 2008

Hi John,

You should be able to put the search form on any page you like with some code like this:

<form method="GET" action="/dlg/cart/mp3List.php" >
<input type="text" name="q" value="" size="50">
<input type="submit" name="" value="Search">
</form>

Will that do what you need? Let me know what else is missing.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By richo - May 28, 2008

Thanks Dave but it's the way the results are displayed. I want them to display like the list of MP3s at the bottom of the page. That's what I can't get it to do. At the moment it gives a list of links to the details page as individual songs. I want a list as per the bottom of the page showing title, category, duration, key, etc

Many thanks

John

By Dave - May 29, 2008

John,

I understand. You're not going to be able to use multisearch for that. You can use a regular search for as per the docs here: http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/viewer_search.html

Multisearch is for when you want to search multiple sections that have different fields. Do you have multiple sections with MP3s or just one?

If you like you can email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email don't post login details in forum) and I can take a look and give you some suggestions on the best setup.

Hope that help! :)
interactivetools.com

By richo - May 30, 2008

Thanks for that - I have some reading to do!

Just a little extra - I want to upload files upto 8MB in size but get an error - to change the php.ini

In cmsadmin i have changed the section editor to allow unlimited upload size. Got any suggestions.

Thanks

John

By Dave - May 30, 2008

Sometimes you can override those with an .htaccess file. But the easiest is just to ask your host.

You can see your current PHP settings under Admin > General > PHP Info (at the bottom of the page).

The settings you want to check are:

upload_max_filesize
post_max_size
max_input_time
max_execution_time

Usually just asking your host is the simplest though.

Hope that helps.
interactivetools.com

Re: [sev] MultiSearch

By Dave - December 18, 2008

Hi sev,

No, unfortunately multisearch doesn't support SEO urls or extra values in the url such as: my-title-6.

For all links, the number is what's used to look up the record. So you can remove it but then you need to use something else to look up the value. You could do something like this:

page.php?title=About

Or as a where option in the code:

'where' => " title = 'About' ",

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By Djulia - March 24, 2009

Hi Dave,

searchMultipleTables does not seem to work with fieldname_min or fieldname_min.

You confirm ?

Thanks for your answer.

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] MultiSearch

By Dave - March 24, 2009

Hi Djulia,

No, unfortunately it won't. It's because it generalizes all the fields from multiple tables and only provides basic keyword search features.
interactivetools.com