Last letter repeating

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 17, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [terryally] Last letter repeating

By Dave - November 17, 2008

Hi Terry,

I had to hunt around a bit to find a computer with IE6 installed but I was able to reproduce the issue you described.

I'm not sure what the cause or fix is but I can tell you that it's an HTML issue. The browser doesn't know if the HTML content is coming from a PHP script, or a CMS, or a plain html file. It's all the same to the browser.

The quickest solution is to click "Save Page" in the browser, and save the output to a plain html file (test.html) and upload that along side links.php.

View the new file and confirm that the error still occurs in the .html file, then try changing the html until it goes away (try adding and removing things). When you figure it out in the html file, it should be pretty straightforward to duplicate in the CMS output.

Hope that helps. It looks like it's a weird IE6 rendering quirk. The html looked fine from everything I could see. Changing the order of the html will likely fix it.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Last letter repeating

By terryally - November 17, 2008

Ok Dave,

I will set aside some time to hunt this down. I have to tinker with the stylesheet first to achieve an exact Save As copy.

Will let you know what happens.

Terry