Intro as SectionList field revisited. Any changes?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 5, 2008   (RSS)

By matrix - November 1, 2008

Hi,

I've been working on a site where, again, it's important for the client to have the ability to update the introductory information on a List page. Here's what I've done in the past that works:
1. Create a section named "Intros"
2. Create the intro for a specific category as page in the section.
3. Add the Load Records Code before the intro location on the List page to include the viewer and add the record code.
4. Add (or add again) the Load Record List code for the list page for the list viewer.

I don't mind going through these steps during development, but wanted to confirm that there's no way update the "intro" text other than having client go to a separate section (Intros) and selecting the introduction update for a specific List page.

Now that I've articulated this question, I really can't see how it could be done any differently within CMS Builder...but I'm asking anyway. Between the Interactive Tools team and knowledgeable members on this forum I've learned there's always something more to learn about creative solutions.

Thanks!
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [matrix] Intro as SectionList field revisited. Any changes?

By Dave - November 3, 2008

Hi Matrix,

Yes, that's pretty much the way. For websites that have little "snippets" or "intros" on various pages you can set it up one of these ways:

- Have a multi record "Snippets/Intros" section with one record per snippet

- Have a single record section for each Snippet

- Have a single record section with one field for each snippet.

As long as there is no too many I typically like to use the last method as it's easier to edit multiple things at once.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com