plugins?

11 posts by 7 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 5, 2009   (RSS)

By Deborah - October 29, 2008

I know the product may be too new for this, but because there's a link in the admin menu to plugins... I'm curious to know if any plugins been developed for CMS Builder that are available for purchase.

Deborah

Re: [Deborah] plugins?

By Kenny - October 29, 2008

Deborah,

No plugins have been developed yet. There are plans for plugins in the future, though.

Kenny

By Kenny - October 30, 2008 - edited: October 30, 2008

Probably one of the best things about the software around here is the upgrades and improvements. It's like Christmas when a new version comes out!

When you get really wrapped around the software (you may already be!), make sure you post feature requests in the forum appropriately titled 'Feature Requests' - A lot of what the software is today is comprised of those requests. I personally like seeing those requests as well - gives me ideas!

Kenny

By Dave - October 30, 2008

That's our plan - to have plugins in future.

We've done a few custom ones, but nothing that is polished enough to release. I've been working on one in particular called "importAny" that supports importing XML or CSV data into any of the tables and has some neat features.

There's a lot of special cases that come up with importing data though that make it more challenging.

If you need anything in particular feel free to drop me an email.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] plugins?

By evolution - December 3, 2008

Hi Dave,

is there any documentation on how we can add our own Plugins?

Re: [evolution] plugins?

By Dave - December 5, 2008

There's no documentation yet and the CMS Builder internal code is evolving pretty rapidly. If there's something in particular you want to do I could point you in the right direction or let you know how hard it might be.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By pothompson - March 3, 2009

Hi Dave,

Can you let me know if you'd made any more progress on the importAny plugin that you've mentioned? I have a need to regulalry import data into some tables in CMS Builder and hope your plugin might be just the thing.

Thanks, Paul.

Re: [pothompson] plugins?

By Dave - March 4, 2009

Hi Paul,

We don't have anything to release for that yet. I've done about half a dozen custom CSV importers and what we've been finding is that in each case they're each a little different.

We could do a custom one for you if you like. Feel free to email me (dave@interactivetools.com) some more details and a sample of the data you want to import and I can give you a quote on it.
interactivetools.com

By rentittoday - March 4, 2009

Dave how is this function coming along? I would be interested in testing for you. Jason
Jason Glass