18 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Dave - May 26, 2008

Ok, I've added it to the next version.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Jake] Change Language TinyMCE

By Dave - September 25, 2008

Thanks for the heads up. This link is updated for the next release (v1.23).
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Change Language TinyMCE

By kroggy - December 16, 2008 - edited: December 16, 2008

Okay got it thanks, the answer was in another thread for the download information.

Hi,
trying to install Polish and other languages to the admin side of things so my clients can write up information.
However, can you please tell me how I download the files, I've done as instructions below but how do I download the file without it being in XML format?

Also will my clients be able to write in one language, then save; then change back to English without the first one going back to default (en)?

Cheers.
KB.

Ok, here's how to do it for anyone who wants to change the language of the wysiwyg (TinyMCE).

Download your language file from this url: http://services.moxiecode.com/i18n/. Check the checkbox and then click download. Don't download the XML file, that won't work.

Next, unzip the file you download to the /tinymce3/ folder.

Next, create a backup and then edit /lib/menus/default/edit_functions.php. Search for "tinyMCE.init" and add the text in red. Be sure to use your language code, not just "es" unless it's Spanish.

tinyMCE.init({
mode : "exact",
language : "es",
theme : "advanced",

Finally, (and this is the step I missed the first time) backup and edit this file /lib/menus/default/edit.php, search for "languages" and change the language code in red:

themes : 'advanced',
languages : 'es',
disk_cache : true,

Then reload (and clear your browser cache if needed) and the wysiwyg should be in a new language.
[blush][blush]

Re: [kroggy] Change Language TinyMCE

By kroggy - December 16, 2008

Hi again,
uploaded all the files, however the Polish language pack kicks out some errors on the text ie. a 'z' with a '.' on top of it produces 1/4 symbol.
I realise that your not language experts (coding...yes, infact a big YES on that one :)), but any ideas how to get over this problem without having to remove those letters and replace with a straight 'z' - which could of course change what the content is supposed to say

Cheers.
KB.

By kroggy - December 16, 2008

Hi,
wrote to TinyMice with the problem and this was the reply:

Probably some encoding issue. The files should be stored in UTF-8 format. But sometimes the format and the xml encoding specified in the XML doesn't match.

Any ideas what I should do now?
Kind Regards.
KB.

By Dave - December 17, 2008

Hi Kroggy,

Are you seeing character problems in the wysiwyg itself or on the pages you are displaying on your website?

I just downloaded the polish language files and the wysiwyg looked correct on my end. If it's with the wysiwyg let me know how to recreate the problem.

If it's with the website pages, make sure you have this header in your viewer pages:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />

And if that doesn't work, add this to the top:
<?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); ?>

Hope that helps! Let me know if that fixes it. :)
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Change Language TinyMCE

By kroggy - December 18, 2008

Thanks Dave,
all I needed was to change this:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />
Works great many thanks :)

KB.