SWF in wysiwyg

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 14, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [jposwald] SWF in wysiwyg

By Dave - September 22, 2008

I know that if you upload a swf through an upload field you can insert any code you like to have it display in a custom player.

I'm not sure about through the wysiwyg because it adds it's own code.

Does anyone else have any experience inserting swf files through the wysiwyg or ideas about this? Please post if you do! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] SWF in wysiwyg

By kevbarker - September 22, 2008

jposwald,

I just did a quick test and tried uploading a SWF using the wysiwyg and it worked fine for me. I chose 'Flash' as the type and under the 'Advanced' tab I had 'Autoplay' selected. I also was able to see a preview of the SWF in the 'Insert Embedded Media' window after uploading it.

Note that if you choose 'Shockwave' as the type it will probably not work (as an experiment, I tried that as well and it failed). So if you selected 'Shockwave' as the type, try changing it to 'Flash' to see if that helps.

I normally use swfobject (http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/) to add video. If you decide to add SWF files via an upload field and use your own code to display it, swfobject is what I would recommend. I have a fair amount of experience with Flash Video and swfobject and would be glad to help in any way I can.

I hope this helps, and let me know if I can assist you further.

Kevin

Re: [kevbarker] SWF in wysiwyg

By jposwald - October 12, 2008

Great Thank you boys!!

Re: [jposwald] SWF in wysiwyg

By kevbarker - October 14, 2008

Glad to help!