Re: [IronVictory] Multi-select to display links and images

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 31, 2008   (RSS)

By terryally - July 30, 2008

I am using the new multi-select drop down list

What is this "new" dropdown list? Is it part of CMSB?

I am looking for a way to search the entire site. I can do it manually by querying the various tables in the MySQL db but am wondering whether CMSB has a built in function to save me the work!

Terry

Re: [terryally] Multi-select to display links and images

By Dave - July 30, 2008

The new multi-select dropdown lets you select multi values.

For searching multiple tables see the experimental 'multiSearch' function in this thread:
http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/gforum.cgi?post=63778

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Multi-select to display links and images

By terryally - July 30, 2008

Thanks Dave.

I downloaded multisearch.php and configured it. Also made amended to line 683 of /lib/view_functions.php and it works.

I have version 1.20 but did not get a file called multiSearch.php as part of it.

Secondly, am still at a loss at to where to find the multi-select dropdown box.

Terry

By terryally - July 31, 2008

Hi Dave,

I've had a look and to be perfectly honest, I don't understand.

However, let's leave this thread here. I just got CMSB and I will get to this in the fullness of time - if and when I need it and at that time if I still have not fully digested the information and instruction, I will post a question here again.

Cheers
Terry

By Dave - July 31, 2008

It creates a drop down field just like normal but makes it taller. And if you hold "Ctrl" you can select multiple values in the pulldown and have it remember them.

It's just variation on the common drop down field. There's also multiple checkboxes available now as well. They're both ways to store a "list" of values in a single field.

Is there something in particular you were trying to do with it or you just were curious about the new features?
interactivetools.com

By terryally - July 31, 2008

Hi Dave,

I am trying to familiarise myself with the software and have been reading this forum to acquaint myself with the issues and add-ons, explanations etc. The multi-select caught my eye.

I understand the concept of multi-select, drop down boxes etc.

What I was trying to understand was to how to make CMSB achieve this. That is what baffled me.

However, as indicated in my last message, it is not something that I want right now and therefore I am happy to terminate this thread until such time as I do need it.

Cheers
Terry

By Dave - July 31, 2008

Ok sure, no problem. When you get to that point or if you have any other questions just let us know and we'll be happy to help! :)
interactivetools.com