Erasing Records Not Functioning (Suddenly)

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 29, 2008   (RSS)

By InHouse - July 29, 2008

Odd situation: Running v 1.20 quite happily but neither my users (various levels) or I can delete a record from the our lists. This is a sudden change.

The Section Editor allows record deletion.

I have made some manual changes:
- manually adjusting the schema files. I do this all the time with a number of sites. Mostly to quickly copy elements from one form into another.
- edited list.php to expand the label column width and overall table width. These are the only changes and involve very straightforward edits.

When a user tries to delete a record, the browser status bar shows the JavaScript call normally, but simply nothing happens. No error message, no hourglass cursor...

Applies to all Section Editors, including testing ones just created for this purpose. I am able to erase whole Section Editors - note that this list view table was not widened. That's looking like the early culprit. Why would that be I wonder?

Any ideas from the pros?

J.

Re: [InHouse] Erasing Records Not Functioning (Suddenly)

By Dave - July 29, 2008

Hi Jayme,

Try renaming your modified list.php to list_myVersion.php and replacing it with the original from the zip. If that fixes it use your favorite compare tool (or my favorite: http://winmerge.org/) to compare the files, see what's different, and slowly re-introduce the changes you made.

If it doesn't fix it let me know and we'll look at what else might be going on.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com