Hidden record and archive questions...

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 28, 2008   (RSS)

By kevbarker - July 25, 2008

Is there a way to make a record hidden from the section editor but available on an archive page?

What I have now is a checkbox for 'hidden' and a checkbox for 'archive'. We are using it to track orders. Once we complete an order we want it hidden from the Orders section of CMSB but available to be listed on a web page which displays the completed (archived) orders. The completed orders web page works fine with the archive checkbox selected but the record still displays in the Orders section of CMSB. When I select 'hidden' as well as 'archive', the record is no longer displayed in either place.

Is there a workaround?

Kevin

Re: [Jake] Hidden record and archive questions...

By kevbarker - July 25, 2008

Jake,

Thanks for the reply. What I wanted was a way to not display the records in the back end of CMSB. I have the front end working fine. I wanted to be able to check a box which turned 'archive' on which would then be displayed on an 'Archive' page only, but also remove it from the list of records which were displayed in the back end. Looks like that is not feasible so we may have to just delete the records and not have an archive.

Thanks anyway,
Kevin

Re: [kevbarker] Hidden record and archive questions...

By Dave - July 28, 2008

Hi Kevin,

Yea the only other way I could think of would be to write a custom script that would move the record to an archive table.

Or you could display the archive value on the editor list page and modify the interface html to not show that row if it was an archive row. The problem with that is your total records/pages number wouldn't add up.

Maybe if you just made it so archived records didn't have active modify/erase links?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com