4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > Off Topic / Other
Last Post: May 22, 2008   (RSS)

Hi. I was hoping someone can tell me what makes Interactive Tools better than the open source solutions. My company builds many CMS sites for our clients.
Thank you

Re: [savantcreative] How is Interactive Tools Different

By Dave - May 21, 2008

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum. :)

There's many reasons, but at the end of the day what we think is most important for you is that as the developer you save time and money and your client gets a simple, easy to use solution.

There's an interesting quote about open source and linux: "Linux is free only if your time has no value". And sadly that ends up being the case with lots of free software, you end up spending hours and hours of extra work on something that was suppose to be free.

With our latest software (CMS Builder) especially, we've been able to drastically reduce development time. Once you've gotten your feet wet you can build a CMS that matches your site (not the other way around!) in barely any time at all. And you have our professional support team backing you up the whole way along in case you get stuck.

If you want to give us a call or email I'd be happy to take a look at the sites your building, find out how much time you're spending, and see if we can offer you a better value. My guess is we can, but I'll give you my honest opinion about it either way.

Hope that helps! Feel free to email me direct at dave@interactivetools.com or call our office at 1-800-752-0455.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] How is Interactive Tools Different

Thanks. Maybe I will give you a call.
Best reagards