Pasting MS Word Content

17 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 14, 2008   (RSS)

By InHouse - April 28, 2008

Just by way of information:

I've done the auto-cleanup-on-paste thing and generally like the effect. However, we've noticed that after doing the paste we are unable to delete any text with either the backspace or DEL keys. We solve this by adding a character first and then deleting. This was seen in FireFox browsers.

Another useful note is that after changing the editor behaviour, we can still paste pre-formatted material (such as from web sites) using the Paste from Word interface. The styling is still retained.

FYI.

Re: [equinox69] Inserting a <form> </form>

By avrom - May 4, 2008

Hi equinox69

What you want to do in addition to the Paste from Word feature, or pasting from NotePad is to simply have both Microsft and International character sets display properly. To do this use the xml standard:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

instead of

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

In combination with Paste from Word your laughing... (Dave showed me that one, so I can't take the credit)

Avrom

By miked - May 14, 2008

My client does the paste with word just fine, but when she goes in and "edit's" a word or two directly in the CMS editor the text outputted to the website is not the same "font/style" as the rest of the text.

Is there an easier way around this versus copying the entire text from the editor, pasting back into Word, making the change(s), copying all again, going back to the editor again, re-pasting all the text in again, saving, and hoping there isn't any weird characters showing up that will need to be found in the editor (always invisible in the editor)?

Seems like too many steps must be done just to make a simple change to one or two words.

Re: [miked] Inserting a <form> </form>

By Dave - May 14, 2008

Hi Mike,

Yes, there's a few different ways around that.

You click the "Paste As Text" button to get text only - that button looks like a clipboard with a "T" on it.

Next, you can select the content and click "Remove Formatting". This wysiwyg button is on the top left of the button bar and looks like an eraser.

Also, in the latest version (v1.15) Word content is automatically cleaned up even if you don't click the "Paste from Word" button.

Hope that helps! Would one of those options work for you?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By miked - May 14, 2008

Thanks for the quick response Dave,

Actually your earlier post of: Microsft and International character sets display properly. To do this use the xml standard:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

I thought you meant change the php code I inserted only, but when I did this to the top of the page all is well.

Thanks!

Re: [miked] Inserting a <form> </form>

By Dave - May 14, 2008

So it's working now? Great! :)

Let me know if you need anything else. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com