Help for a fool

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Vaisoco - April 18, 2008

Guys - I feel completely stupid in asking for input on this matter.
We have created a design for a new website and had planned to use CMS Builder to manage the content.
We now have to lauch the website urgently and really need help to speed up out learning curve.
I have attached the design and as you can see we need to summarise "news" and "Reviews" in a very formatted manner as well as linking to individual items.

If anyone can help with direction I would be so pleased.

My most sincere thanks

Geoff
Attachments:

main01.jpg 212K

Re: [Vaisoco] Help for a fool

By Dave - April 18, 2008

Hi Geoff,

No problem, the design looks great! How far along are you? The first step would be slicing it up and turning the mockup into HTML.

Once you have a mockup of the index page and the review detail page you can create an editor in CMS Builder, then create a page viewer that outputs the fields you want, then add that to your index page.

We can walk you through the steps or if you're in a real rush we also have consulting services (let me know if you want a quote on that).

Have you created an HTML version yet? Let me know how we can best help.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Help for a fool

By Vaisoco - April 18, 2008

Dave- you guys are just fantastic - honestly!!
We have not created the html yet as we are waiting for client approval. I just want to get the cms content ready ahead of time.
I will have a play with creating the listing and detail pages for "news" within the syste. I guess my main questions are :-
1. How I ONLY show 3 news items and ONLY 4 review items on the homepage.
2. How do I control which items are shown on the homepage.
3. How do I enable the homepage to show both listings.
4. How do I use our "Read More" button to show content instead of using just links generated by your cms.

Too many questions I am sure :-)