Upgrade errors

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Mohaukla - April 17, 2008

Can you look at http://www.efreewillmar.org and see what the problem with the two errors that are now showing on the page after I upgraded to the newest version.
Code for the first area:
<?php
require_once "C:/Webspace/resadmin/mmoyers/efreewillmar.org/www/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";
$options = array(); // NOTE: see online documentation for more details on these options
$options['tableName'] = 'blog_001'; // (REQUIRED) MySQL tablename to list record from. Example: "article";
$options['recordNum'] = ''; // (optional) Record number to display. Example: "1"; Defaults to number on end of url, then 1
$options['where'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) MySQL WHERE conditions to use INSTEAD of recordNum to look up record. Example: "fieldname = 'value'"
$record = getRecord($options);
?>
<?php if ($record): ?>
<span class="style11"><?php echo $record['title'] ?></span><br/>
<span class="style7"><?php echo $record['content'] ?></span><br/>
<a href="<?php echo $record['external_link'] ?>" target="_self" class="style7">More Information</a>
<?php endif ?>

Hopefully that gives you an idea of what maybe the problem and maybe then I can correct both errors on that page.

Thanks for your help,
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Re: [justritedesign] Upgrade errors

By Dave - April 17, 2008

Hi Michael,

Can you email me login info for CMS and FTP to dave@interactivetools.com. I can get in there right away and see what the problem is.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Dave - April 17, 2008

Just a follow up on this, make sure the 'hidden' field for that section is unchecked and the Publish On Date, and Expires On Date fields (if you have them) aren't set to hide the record either.

interactivetools.com

By Dave - April 18, 2008

So just a heads up for anyone following this thread.

Looks like this is a bug in v1.13. If you have a single record menu it always defines $record in the viewer (actually it always defines $record[_link] only) and that causes code like this to always show, even if none of the fields are defined:

<?php if ($record): ?>
<?php endif ?>

I sent justritedesign a patch and I'm going to release v1.14 with a patch shortly.

interactivetools.com