User Accounts

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 15, 2008   (RSS)

By jsv - April 14, 2008

In version 1.12 it is possible to define different types of user accounts: Regular and Admin. Is there also something in between?

I would like to define User Accounts to have acces to ALL records, but who do not have access to the specific fields which are marked as "Admin only". Any options?

Thanks,

Jan

Re: [jsv] User Accounts

By Dave - April 14, 2008

There's nothing in between right now, no.

What are you trying to do? Maybe there's another way to do it?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] User Accounts

By jsv - April 15, 2008

I have a section called "pages", with a field cald "menu name" and a field "content". The field "menu name" contains the menu item as shown in a list and I don't want the user to change this name. However, the user has to change the "content" field.

Re: [jsv] User Accounts

By Dave - April 15, 2008

I see, that could be tricky. I'm not sure how the rest of your site is setup but a few other options might be:

- To use record number rather than menu name to identify a page.

- To make the "menu name" pulldown a "unique" field (in field editor) so two pages can't have the same menu name and then disable erasing for the section. This essentially "locks" the field since you can't change it to any other value (if the other list values are already set for other records) and you can't erase the record either.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] User Accounts

By jsv - April 15, 2008

The pulldown trick can be used for the menu item name, a nice trick!

But there are other fields as well, for example a checkbox to define wich pages (and titles) are shown in specific spaces of the menu and which pages can not be accessed using the menu.

In previous versions, I have used the admin only option for this and this was very helpfull. I suggest to add a third role: "super user" which gives acces to all records but no access to the "admin only" fields...