publishDate

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 12, 2008   (RSS)

By webshack - April 7, 2008

Is there a way to prepare a future version of a record and have it publish on a certain date BUT still retain the previous version until that date?

I have a client who has a page on his site that will be changed weekly. He would like to be able to edit the page content in advance but then set a specific date/time that the page content will change from the "old" content to the "new" content. This way, he can work on the site changes throughout the week and have it ready to launch at 12:01 AM Monday morning.

I tried using the publishDate feature, but that makes the entire record unavailable until a certain date. I still need the record to be displayed on the site - just not the new updates. Does that make sense?

Thank you!!

Re: [webshack] publishDate

By Dave - April 7, 2008

Hi webshack,

Is it just one page? Or one page within a multi-page section? If it's just a single page then you could have a list viewer, set it to display just one record per page and sort by date and show page 1 like this:

$options['perPage'] = '1';
$options['pageNum'] = '1';
$options['orderBy'] = 'date DESC'

then remove the prev/next links. Then the client could create multiple pages and only the newest one (that was past the publishDate) would be displayed. The url would stay the same and at midnight monday morning it would switch over to the newer record.

Would that work (and does it make sense)? :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com