Couple of questions for you

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 11, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [Trevmac] Couple of questions for you

By Dave - April 11, 2008

Hi Trevmac, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

Yes, CMS Buidler works much like Listings Manager in that you login to an admin program and add content to a form to create, modify or remove records. The biggest difference is you can create as many sections as you need and control exactly which fields are in each section. So where Listings Manager has Agents and Listings, CMS Builder could create those and as many other sections as you needed.

CMS Builder itself isn't designed with any WAI standards in mind (a visually impaired person, for example, would likely have trouble using the admin program). However, it's extremely flexible in the output you can create so it could replicate (and automate) just about anything you could create by hand. It supports image uploads through both the wysiwyg and for uploads fields and both allow alt tag information to be entered.

The only thing we don't have complete control over is the wysiwyg editor, which is the common open-source TinyMCE editor. So for example if a user created a table in the wysiwyg (or copy and pasted one from word) it might not have the header row specified with TH instead of TD to specify a table header row as per Guidline 5.

So that would be an example of a potential challenge where you'd need to decide if you wanted to let the users create tables or perhaps find a plugin for TinyMce that allowed that and train the users to set rows to be header rows when creating tables in the content.

So there's a quick overview. Overall I think it would probably work quite well. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to help. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com