Setting up Agent/Broker type login accounts with new CMS Version

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 3, 2008   (RSS)

By Codee - April 3, 2008

Dave and Co.,

I don't see documentation on CMS Builder for how to set up multiple users (logins) below a master user (login). This is a feature used in Listings Manager but the new CMS Builder is supposed to have this feature.

did I not see the documentation in an obvious place or where can I get it? OR, how do we make this occur?

Simply, we want each separate user to have an account, login, input their inventory and ONLY be able to modify their inventory. The admin, or master (or broker) account should have some power over specific functions set up. An example may be: flagging a specific user's inventory as "featured" so it shows up in a special independent viewer page or place. Turning a user on/off whether they have paid for services or have violated a user agreement, etc.

All inventory from all users will show to the public.

Thanks!

Terry

Re: [equinox69] Setting up Agent/Broker type login accounts with new CMS Version

By Dave - April 3, 2008

Hi Terry,

You can limit users to only be able to see their own records by setting their "Section Access" (under Admin > User Accounts) to "By Section" and then giving them "Regular" access to the listings section (you can also specify the max records per section here as well).

You can give another user Admin Access (including modifying user accounts) by checking the [ ] Admin Access option.

You disable a user from logging in by checking the [ ] Disable Access box.

That's what you can do right now. Let me know if that works or if you feature requests for the future.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com