breadcrumb links on detail pages?

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 31, 2008   (RSS)

By soj - March 31, 2008

Hi All, I've created a list page and some details pages, but for some reason there are not any links pointing BACK to the list page or NEXT to the next detail page on any of my detail pages. There are no links at all actually. How might I add a breadcrumb link path to each detail page?

TIA!

soj

Re: [soj] breadcrumb links on detail pages?

By Perchpole - March 31, 2008

Hi, Soj -

Lots of people have requested similar features but as yet no solution has been forthcoming. The system uses a fairly fluid architecture which means it's not easy to establish even a simple framework of links conecting the various sections and their respective child pages.

In my experience it's easy to establish such links down the chain - but not up it.

Despite an otherwise excellent system this is one area where CMS builder is a bit thin!

[unsure]

AJ

Re: [soj] breadcrumb links on detail pages?

By Dave - March 31, 2008

The easiest way to have a breadcrumb path is to hard code it. You'll know what the url to the listPage is so you can just enter that in the code on the detail page.

We've been working on a few different ways to do prev and next from the detail pages but it's been proving to be quite tricky. I still have a few ideas to try. I'll post on this thread when I have an update.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com