Error saving 'EXAMPLE.pdf', file wasn't uploaded properly.

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Mowbray - March 18, 2008

I've been trying to upload PDFs for products in my CMS and every time I try, regardless of the PDF it comes back with the same error in nice Red font.

Error saving 'EXAMPLE.pdf', file wasn't uploaded properly.
Error saving 'EXAMPLE.pdf', file is 0 bytes.

I've attached a png too... although there's not much else that comes up other than the Error message.

With a little further testing, I've found this only seems to happen with some PDFs and not all of them... That probably makes this more difficult to solve.

help?
Attachments:

errorimage.png 35K

Re: [Mowbray] Error saving 'EXAMPLE.pdf', file wasn't uploaded properly.

By Dave - March 18, 2008

Hi Mowbray, welcome aboard!

If you're only getting the error sometimes then you're probably hitting a upload limit imposed by PHP. Go to Admin > General Settings > PHP Info (link at the bottom of the page) and search for "upload_max_filesize".

Can you check what that value is set to?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Error saving 'EXAMPLE.pdf', file wasn't uploaded properly.

By Mowbray - March 18, 2008

Thanks for the speedy reply.

That definitely looks to be the problem.

It's set to 2M which is a little low for the things I need to upload.

Can you point me to some instructions on how to change this? or is it something I have to take up with my hosting provider?

-M.

Re: [Mowbray] Error saving 'EXAMPLE.pdf', file wasn't uploaded properly.

By Dave - March 18, 2008

Depending on your hosting provider, sometimes you can add something to a .htaccess file or they'll have a php.ini you can edit. But if neither of those options are available, or you're not sure about their setup, the fastest would be to contact them directly.

If you want to give it a try, just create a file called .htaccess with the following contents and upload it to your /cmsAdmin/ folder (where admin.php is).

php_value upload_max_filesize 100M
php_value post_max_size 100M

If that doesn't work (or you don't want to mess around with it) I'd just ask your host.

Hope that helps, anything else you need - just let us know!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com