What URL is cms builder calling home to?

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 10, 2008   (RSS)

By tonythemediaguy - March 8, 2008

We need to setup a rule on our firewall. If we block everything outgoing, then we can't get into the admin. Please give me an IP or URL that I can add to my firewall to allow cms builder to call home and block everything else.

Thanks,

Tony

Re: [tonythemediaguy] What URL is cms builder calling home to?

By Dave - March 8, 2008

Are you referring to the "Error: PHP fsockopen() and/or network connectivity disabled" error?

If so that's a check that's done in /lib/init.php on install only (it's at the bottom, you can just comment it out) and it tries to connect to www.google.com to test for network access.

When you install the registration process is passive, meaning you shouldn't ever get any errors, and connects to www.registerSoftware.to

The google check is unneeded right now and mainly in place to prepare for future updates where we _may_ add more optional network features in future like sending mail via SMTP, pinging blog services, google spellcheck, or downloading content from internet urls, etc.

Just for future reference, is there any way to make features like those work in your environment or we'd just have to rely on customers with similar setups to setup firewall rules for that?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] What URL is cms builder calling home to?

By tonythemediaguy - March 10, 2008

Hi Dave,

I can't find anything to comment out in that file.

We have to allow all outbound traffic from this webserver to make the cms work again.

Could you tell me exactly what I need to comment out? I did on the contents on all of the files and couldn't find www.google.com in there anywhere.

Thanks,

Tony