Adding Content to a Multi Page Section

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 7, 2008   (RSS)

By rasbro - March 5, 2008

How do I add content to a multi page section, other than the listings themselves? For example, I have category pages that use the multi page section/viewer to list my products. In CMS Builder I can add content to the fields for the products, but I don't see how I can add content specific to the category page that uses the multi page viewer.

I want to add some intro text that will appear above the product listings. I can do this with a single page section, but of course then I wouldn't have any product listings, and any field I add to a multi page section will be used for the product listings. Do I need to create another section just for this purpose of adding content to a page that uses a multi page section/viewer? Seems like an inefficient work around. Why can't I add a field to be used only for the multi page section and not just for listings?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: [rasbro] Adding Content to a Multi Page Section

By Dave - March 5, 2008

I'm not totally clear on how you've got it setup. Is it possible to post an url that shows the page you want to add content to?

Often what I do is create a single page section (that has one record) with fields for the common blocks on content around the website. Those might be: footer_copyright, address, welcome_message, etc. Then I'll load that single record at the very top of the page and use a variable like $common or $content instead of $record.

Then I can display the common content on the various pages like this: <?php echo $common['footer_copyright']; ?>.

Does that help any? If not, post an url and I'll keep trying. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Adding Content to a Multi Page Section

By rasbro - March 6, 2008

Your examples do help, but in this case I need unique content inserted on the actual listing page (multi page), such as this one:
http://www.petesoutdoorgrills.com/holland-grill.php

Brian

By Dave - March 6, 2008

Looking at the url it looks like you have that one figured out already. Let me know if you still need more help on this or if you have any other questions.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Adding Content to a Multi Page Section

By rasbro - March 6, 2008

No, I don't have it figured out. I must not be explaining this very well. I need to add a field where I can enter intro text to be displayed on the category level page. I don't see an option for adding a field for this. The fields that get added to a multi page section are for the listings themselves and not for the page displaying the listings. I need a field for the page that displays the listings. Sorry, I don't how to explain it any better.

Brian

By Dave - March 7, 2008

Ok, if you have a "list page" that lists records and you want to display additional content on that page you'd need to create another section for that and have another block of viewer code.

So you'd have to have 2 viewers to do that.

Hope that makes sense.
interactivetools.com