Wheres the pages going?

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 28, 2008   (RSS)

By mbodamer - February 28, 2008

Ok,

so a fresh install, not in ROOT of my site, I wanted to "test" the program out first.. so I created a folder inside my public_html call CMS. So then I proceeded to upload the cmsAdmin folder into there. CHMOD the files as requested... setup my database, the ran the install. Install went fine, all looked good.... I went through admin page, settings show the url as /CMS but when I create the pages and save them, which works fine, when I clikc view site it shows mea directory listing of my /CMS directory and the only thing inside is the cmsAdmin folder....

where are my pages getting published to? cant seem to get this.... must be overlooking something pretty simple because everything else is working fine...

thanks in advance

Re: [mbodamer] Wheres the pages going?

wow..... that was a brain fart. Now I get it.... :-)

Re: [mbodamer] Wheres the pages going?

By Dave - February 28, 2008

Got it all figured out now?

Just to clarify, or for anyone else reading, the "View Website >>" link is for the CMS users and points to the root of your website ("/") unless you change it. You can set it under: Admin > General > 'View Website' URL.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Wheres the pages going?

yeah... well i was clicking view website but it was only shoing me the directory structure... because I had not yet created a viewer to embed in one of my pages.... I was initially expecting (without reading the manual) that the pages would be created on the fly by the system... but looks like i create the page, embed the viewer, and then someone can edit the page all they want? am i getting it right?

shouldnt the system when you create the section createa page that corresponds to it, and then that page would simply use a predefined template?

not sure what I am missing.... but gimmie another day or so to read the manual thouroughly and actually play.. it always helps to read the manual first... :-)