Burning Question about CMS

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 28, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [equinox69] Burning Question about CMS

By Dave - February 27, 2008

Hi Terry,

1) No yet, but that feature is completed and currently in QA (testing) awaiting final release. You'll be able to restrict users to only be able to edit their own records (in the editor) and limit the max records they can create per section.

2) There's no plans to add a shopping cart to CMS Builder or make an add-on in the near future but since it's so flexible in the content it can create it should be compatible with just about any kind of shopping cart out there you want to use, including paypal's free one.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Burning Question about CMS

By Codee - February 27, 2008 - edited: April 6, 2011

Dave,

As far as having "agents" under a main administrator or broker...does Listings Manager have this capability? From the description I gather that it "seems" to. And if it has the ability to set up multiple user accounts, does it allow the ability to search and display the inventory/listings from all user accounts at one time? And is it MySQL based?

Thanks again.

By Dave - February 28, 2008

You can have multiple "agents" or users, but not under a broker. Users can be assigned either "regular" or "admin" access for each section.

Is that enough or is there something you wanted to do where having agents under a broker made sense?

And yes you can search all listings from all user accounts at the same time. CMS Builder is MySQL based, Listings Manager isn't and has a practical max records limit of around 2000.

If you're just starting a new project or you're not sure what product to pick, I'd choose CMS Builder.

Hope that helps, any other questions just let me know.

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Burning Question about CMS

By Codee - February 28, 2008 - edited: April 6, 2011

Dave,

Since Listings Manager isn't MySQL based it wouldn't suit our needs for this project. The first agent on the system would max out the flatfile ability and there's about 50 agents.

Since CMS doesn't currently have the ability, like Listings Manager, for multiple logins and separated records access...how much programming would it take if we hired you to modify your program to make this happen for our client? Feel free to email me offline:

Thanks,

By Dave - February 28, 2008

>Since CMS doesn't currently have the ability, like Listings
>Manager, for multiple logins and separated records access

We've actually been working on this already. All the programming has been completed and it's in final QA Testing before release.

It could be released as soon as tomorrow.

interactivetools.com