Banner CMS

14 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 26, 2008   (RSS)

By Berkowitz - February 22, 2008

People have to decide in the section editor from 2 listboxes. They choose for which page they're adding an ad and what position [left or right"] (Is this a good method or do you know/suggest something else?)

http://www.1id.be/test.php

it's about the div tags at the bottom where you see the 2pics. ["Starter" and the long one with the flowers on the right]

The meaning of all this is that people should be able to change the pic's without me having to change anything of code. Of course I'm setting restrictions for the width and height in my section editors [:)]

Thanks for all your trouble concerning this thread [:)].
Berkowitz

Re: [Berkowitz] Banner CMS

By Dave - February 22, 2008

So in the banner editor, there is a field for "position" and a field for "page". Right? Perhaps also a field for "banner size" also? And you want to only show a banner that matches each of the: page, position, and size?

I guess "size" and "position" are the same since left is always a different size from right.

If that's close (fingers crossed) what you're going to need is a separate list viewer code for each banner. And in the 'where' option you'd set tell it to only load banners the match the page number (or name) and position. So you'd have something like:

$options['where'] = "pageNum = {$record['num']} AND position = 'left'"
$options['perPage'] = 1;
$options['pageNum'] = 1;

Another way to do it would be to have 3 list pulldowns in the page section. One for each banner type. And have those load their values from the banner section. You could either have 3 different banner sections (left banners, right banners, etc) and have each field load the banner num and name for that.

Then you'd have 3 fields like this for your record:

$record['banner1Num']
$record['banner2Num']
$record['banner3Num']

Then you could use some "page viewer" code to load just that banner.

Hope that makes sense. If you want me to login and take a look at your CMS setup you can email me login details to dave@interactivetools.com (don't post login details to forum).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Berkowitz - February 26, 2008

I'm pleased to inform you that now it works the way i want it to work [;)]. Now it seems so simple (like all solutions when you figured it out [tongue])

Many thanks for all your trouble and your help. Truly a great piece of software en a super support squad.

Thank you
Berkowitz