Customize my own CMS Builder look

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 15, 2008   (RSS)

By avrom - February 9, 2008

Hi Dave,

Got your previous email about buying the multi-pack for development, I will be in touch in March regarding this (if you take rain-cheques).

I want to make my own look for the CMS pages, mainly to make the cms look the same as my sites. I assume I can do this by modifying some of the files...

I also want to run the "menus" as you call them down a left-hand div instead on the top bar like you have. Doable ?

I have no problem cutting and pasting php here and there to do this, just not quite sure where to begin. (Goes without saying I woudl backup everyhtign first)

Cheers and thanx. [sly]

Re: [virgodesign] Customize my own CMS Builder look

By Dave - February 9, 2008

Doable, have a look at these files:

lib/menus/header.php
lib/menus/footer.php

Make a backup first, of course, but you can edit those to change the "skin" on the backend.

Let me know if you need anymore details on that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Customize my own CMS Builder look

By dougdrury - February 15, 2008

Dave,

I have updated the:

lib/menus/header.php
lib/menus/footer.php

files...

All looks well...

For upgrades, I would obviously back up all my files before upgrading, but wondered, if I just wrote back over the new header/footer files with my old files, would there be any issues? Do you all see modifying the header/footer files much in your upgrades? If so, please make a note of it in the upgrade doc so that we know to poke through the new header/footer files to include any changes that you all might have added into our custom header/footer php files.

Thanks,

Doug

Re: [dougdrury] Customize my own CMS Builder look

By Dave - February 15, 2008

It's unlikely that they'll change much. I'd recommend just overwriting them each time you upgrade. If something breaks in future (I don't see that happening anytime soon) I can help you track it down and fix it.

I think you'll be fine though.

Hope that helps! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com