Newbie with no clue - but want to use CMS like AutoManager

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 11, 2008   (RSS)

By Codee - February 5, 2008 - edited: March 30, 2013

Instead of Auto Manager I am trying CMS, because it uses MySQL database for storage - faster and better over the long haul for my client. I know almost know MySQL and hardly any PhP.

I installed CMS after creating a MySQL DB.
I followed the instructions all the way through, created a section called "Inventory". Set up the fields with the CMS interface, including photo uploader. Created a test record. I used the code in PhP Viewer to create a display page, I copied it exactly and saved as customPage.php and uploaded it to the root directory.

Went to my browser and I can view the page but no records display. I uploaded the customPage.php to public_html/cmsAdmin/directory and tried viewing it. I see the page in my browser but no record shows.

Site is at
http://www.customersitename.com/index.shtml/

How do I get it to display the record?
Also, how do I get the program to automatically display whatever records are created by the client without uploading new .php page every day. They turn thousands of products yearly.

Here's a sample of what I'm trying to accomplish:
http://www.competitorsiteonline.com/

Thank you.

Re: [equinox69] Newbie with no clue - but want to use CMS like AutoManager

By Dave - February 5, 2008

Hi equinox69,

You're almost there! You need two pages (or "viewers") to display content. A "list viewer" which displays a list of all the records, and a "page viewer" which displays details about a specific record.

Go back to the "Create Viewers" section and save the code for customList.php and try viewing that one.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes. We'll help you get it up and running!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Newbie with no clue - but want to use CMS like AutoManager

By Codee - February 11, 2008 - edited: March 30, 2013

Dave and/or Jake,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

I used the viewer to create customList.php but displays "No Records Found!". I double checked and the test record is in the database still, or at least your interface shows it's there.

Re: [equinox69] Newbie with no clue - but want to use CMS like AutoManager

By Dave - February 11, 2008

I can login and take a look if you like. Just email login details to me at dave@interactivetools.com
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com