weird text

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 30, 2008   (RSS)

By grauchut - January 29, 2008

My client was updating their site and when finished this is what showed

This morning while the mid-state got hit with freezing rain, the company was dispatched for 7 calls between 0720 and 1015. 5 of the calls were MVA's, 1 was an AFA and the other a vehicle fire.Â[/#ff0000] Company 40 (Paxtang) handled one of our MVA's and the AFA for us. [/#ff0000] Company 32 (Progress) also assisted on the AFA. [/#ff0000]Thank you.Â[/#ff0000] We ended the morning with a truck fire in the new construction area above 71st and Jefferson Street in Rutherford. The rescue crew assisted as needed and was clear in under 1 hour.

Great Job by all and a job well done.

Pictures are of the one accident on N 48th StreetÂ[/#ff0000] (Thanks FF Hassman)Â[/#ff0000] Pictures of the truck fire can be viewed on Paxtang's and Rutherford's web pages.

Â[/#ff0000] <----- Why are these letter A's showing up. I just upgraded to version 8.
Glenn Rauchut (Owner) Emergency Designz

Re: [grauchut] weird text

By grauchut - January 30, 2008

Dave I had added spellchecker to TinyMCE. I removed it and the text was ok. Are you guys planning on adding this as an update version. Thanks Glenn
Glenn Rauchut (Owner) Emergency Designz

Re: [grauchut] weird text

By Dave - January 30, 2008

The funny characters usually mean the browser doesn't know how to display the character. You usually get it with foreign character and MS Word characters like angled quotes (like this " but angled).

We store all our content as UTF8 charset, which should support everything. Usually if you have a tag in your page like this it will use the same charset:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />

In Firefox you can see what charset a page is being displayed under: Tools > Page Info > Encoding

If it's not UTF8 then you need to add that tag to the head or check your server settings.

We have spellcheck on the list, but it's a little further down. I thought it needed some extra server extensions to work?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com