Questions... Questions... Anyone?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 29, 2008   (RSS)

By Dave - January 29, 2008

Everybody doing well? Any questions?

Anyone have any new sites to show off? :)

We're here for you if you need us.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Questions... Questions... Anyone?

By BigBear - January 29, 2008

Hi Dave,

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to message forum:....

Ok here is what I am hoping is possible... If you visit my site (http://www.alexandria-ontario.com) you will see that I have a little calendar on the menu's... Its a simple table set up.

I am working on an "Events" Calendar for our community. I enter the event into a database and just like my biz directory (which works wells now.. thanks Dave), I would like to link specific dates on the calendar. Not a big deal.. easy enough cause I do that manually.. here is what I would like to do....

Is it possible to tie a form to the database that I am creating for the events so that when people enter in their particular event, it automatically gets added to the database... all I would need to do is go into the database and 'activate' the record for showing via the CMB program. The reason I would like to tie it into a form on the web page is because I want the public to be able to post their events. The way I am doing it now is through a form, they send it, I copy all the information and then post it. I would like to be able to streamline that to one step - verification and activating, or deletion....

Any way that can be done?

Thanks.

PS: Been workin on trying to get the link on the random banner..... probs..

Rob Parker