Two presales questions

14 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 22, 2008   (RSS)

By dimeco - January 21, 2008

Hi Dave - I have a possibly really "dumb" question... since I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this program.

I understand (if I'm correct), that we create what we're going to use, then take the code and paste it on whatever page we're going to use, am I right?

If so... can you tell me if this would be right / possibility?

I have Artman 2.x (newest).

If I can create the code as above...

would it be just as wise/applicable, to use

CMS for the focused people (section editor)

COPY/Paste the code INTO the artman main topic pages...

?

that way both systems can run together with all the features artman has, but cms alternately has? (editors posting blogs etc)? Because if it then is copied/pasted onto the artman pages, any changes/additions that editor makes in the CMS system should show automatically, right?

Sorry I think I'm still wrapping my mind on the BEST way to make this work - allowing them some 'customizing' - while allowing article authors to post their articles in the big overall system without giving THEM access to the main CMS systems... while still keeping "some" control over layouts etc at my end.

? [:P] It's monday. LOL

Amber

By Dave - January 21, 2008

Hi Amber,

Always great to hear how your project is progressing! My recommendation is just to give it a try. You'd just need to make sure artman publishes it's pages as PHP. There's no reason why they couldn't both work together.

Better user access controls is next on the agenda (along with a few other things for the next release). We just took a slight detour because so many people didn't have PHP v5.2.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Two presales questions

By dimeco - January 22, 2008

Hi Dave - going to try it before we get it all 100% set up.
Right now you said that the user controls is on the next release... so right now, if I let them access it, they'll be able to see everyone's right?

Any idea on a time frame for the new release? [;)]

Amber