List view link are broken

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 8, 2008   (RSS)

By Mohaukla - January 7, 2008

Just setting things up and I can not figure this out.

In my list view of the news articles I have the links to each of the main page views but when you click on them the links are actually broken.

The best I can tell is that I should be adding some reference to the folder where CMSB is residing .... Something like:

link : <a href="/cmsAdmin/whereevere/<?php echo $record['_link'] ?>"><?php echo $record['_link'] ?>
But if most of my pages are in the root folder then when I have a page in a lower folder but not in the "cmsAdmin/whereever" folder I would have to use "../" so should I sidestep this and set it absolute "http://" or is there a something else I need to do

Page example
http://www.efreewillmar.org/testcms4.php

Thanks in advance
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Re: [justritedesign] List view link are broken

By Dave - January 8, 2008

Hi Michael, welcome aboard! :)

It looks like your "list viewer" page is trying to link to "newsPage.php" but that file doesn't exist. CMS Builder typically uses 2 files, one to show the list of records (list viewer), and one to show you individual records (page viewer).

If you haven't created a "page viewer" yet, do that first. Just copy the code from the bottom box on the code generator page and save it as newsPage.php (or whatever filename you like).

Next, if you've used a different filename than newsPage.php, update the 'viewerUrl' option in your "list viewer" (testcms4.php) page to point to filename you chose. Like this:

$options['viewerUrl'] = 'newsPage.php';

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more help. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com