Specify Separate Upload Folders

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 22, 2007   (RSS)

By rasbro - December 21, 2007

Is it possible to specify separate upload folders like in Page Publisher? For example: I would like to have a separate images upload folder under the /uploads/ directory, and a separate one for files. How would I do this?

Thanks for the great support in the forums!!

Brian

Re: [rasbro] Specify Separate Upload Folders

By Dave - December 21, 2007

You sure can. We actually just added that feature in v1.04. If you need to upgrade you can download the latest version (v1.05) here: http://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.cgi

You can specify upload folders on a per field basis. It's under "Advanced" in the upload field editor. Just check "se custom upload directory" and enter a directory and url (or click the reset link to set it to the default).
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Specify Separate Upload Folders

Great! Sounds like I need to just upgrade to newer version then. What about a global setting for specifying the separate upload directories?

Re: [rasbro] Specify Separate Upload Folders

By Dave - December 21, 2007

Well you can specify the default global upload dir in: Admin > General. Then you can specify a different directory for specific fields if you want by adding that in the field editor.

Not sure if that's what you mean. Let me know if I can answer any other questions about that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Specify Separate Upload Folders

Now that I know I can use a saved template for new menus then it won't be a hassle to specify a different upload directory for each field. I just wanted a way to specify a different upload directory from what the default is for uploaded images, to keep them separate from other kinds of uploaded files.

Thanks,
Brian