Beta Testers: New "Public Demo Mode" feature

35 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 15, 2011   (RSS)

By Djulia - December 15, 2011

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your answer. :)

Is It possible to deactivate or remove the "change" option on the right of : "...date PM (by user) change"?
I tried to use the function Access Level (on Admin Only for Field Attributes), but that does not function for this field.

I would like to also be able to deactivate the option on a more important site.
There is a significant number of users recorded and the list is very long.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Djulia

Hi Dave,

In Fact, it is the use of Instant-Website which poses a problem to me.
The configuration of Section Access (for iw_pages) does not make it possible to indicate Author (only Editor).
Is It possible to indicate Author?

Thanks!

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Beta Testers: New "Public Demo Mode" feature

By Dave - December 15, 2011

Hi Djulia,

Is this related to the previous post? If not, let me know and I'll always the previous post as well.

The reason Category Sections don't allow author access is because it's not supported by the hierarchical (tree-like, nested) structure of the categories.

For example if an author doesn't have access to a category they won't be able to add pages under it, but could edit pages, but not see the parent page. Sorting categories would also be problematic.

In general the "Instant Website" setup is designed for single-user usage.

If you wanted to try, you could change the bit of code that allows "Author" for category sections and see if the default behavior might work for you (Let me know if you want help with that).

Or if you let me know what you want to do maybe I could think of other ways?

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Hi Dave

I thought interesting to use IW like an example on our version of demonstration and I did not know if there could be a security issue with an access on 9 in demonstration mode (?).

Also, I modified the level of access directly in the database (9 to 6) for config and pages.

Do You think that it is correct?

Thanks again! :)

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Beta Testers: New "Public Demo Mode" feature

By Dave - December 15, 2011

Hi Djulia,

We allow admin access to our demo here:
http://demo2.interactivetools.com/cmsbuilder2/

So I think you are safe. No user should be able to see or modify another user's content in demo mode. To test you can open two browsers.

For peace of mind, you can always login as an admin user yourself and try break something in demo mode. I think it's pretty locked down.

Let me know if there's any other questions I can help with.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com