*** Upcoming Features & Development Plan (Updated Oct 2012)

38 posts by 19 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 13, 2014   (RSS)

• Archived  

By gadefgaertgqe - February 20, 2013

+1 Redactor

• Archived  

By In-House-Logic - March 11, 2013 - edited: March 11, 2013

Suggestion: create a plug-in that allows the site Admin to control which TinyMCE Advanced fields are active and how they behave. It would feed the flags into the TinyMCE config init file so that the settings:

1. Could be easily adjusted for each project.
  2. Survive an editor update.
  3. Receive CSS files as an upload(or just as an edited field in their own right.

Bonus points for being able to set this for each CMSB Editor/table! ;-)

REF's:

J.

• Archived  

By zaba - March 11, 2013

http://imperavi.com/redactor/

Smaller leaner better wysiwyg editor than the horrid TinyMCE, you could probably do all those things you are suggesting with this as the engine.

• Archived  

By cornishweb - March 18, 2013

I would also love to see Redactor added as a WYSIWYG editor option. It's clean, simple and has a great UI - also with TinyMice I'm finding that client's have too much control over the text styling too... some have been able to get custom fonts slip through when pasting in from Word! 

• Archived  

By juicyvisual - March 18, 2013

+ 1 for Redactor as well :) 

----
Thomas
Juicy Visual
  • Archived  

By In-House-Logic - March 18, 2013

We find that it's not coming from a paste-through from Word, but rather that clients have figured out how to add inline styles via the HTML window. Plays merry havoc with the universal style changes we make.  We sometimes need the HTML option to do something fancy for the client, but would like to lock them out of it. Not sure that any WYSIWYG can do that.

Unless of course Dave Edis has some HTMLArea easter-egg goodness back from the days of yore.

J.

• Archived  

By Dave - March 19, 2013

Jayme, 

You can customize the wysiwyg interface in /lib/wysiwyg.php (just save it as wysiwyg_custom.php so it doesn't get overwritten when you upgrade), and we've got a cool new feature we're using in the forum called htmlPurify that filters only allowed tags through no matter what you submit.  So there's some options.  It seems lots of people want redactor so we'll likely add that as an option in the future.  We want to greatly simplify how the field library system works as well.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By zaba - March 19, 2013

Thanks for that, will wait eagerly for redactor, yippee. CMSB guys are the best!

• Archived  

By gversion - May 14, 2013

Hi,

I'd like to log my request for adding the ability to filter Newsletter subscribers so that emails can be sent to segments of the subscriber list rather than the current approach, which is all or nothing.

Thank you,

Greg

• Archived  

By JLynne77 - June 4, 2013

Loving the idea of a Shared Asset Library. I'm currently working with a client who wants one, and trying to figure out a workaround. He's pretty adept already at HTML and working with the CMS as is, so I've created a separate section that he can upload everything to and then use the resulting URLs to then link to from the other sections (since you can use a straight URL if you already know it instead of having to upload every time). It's kind of a work around at creating a little library where they can upload and delete files as needed, but they do still have to manually copy and paste all the URLs from everywhere, and I know they can't overwrite something. Which is fine. They like having old versions they can just swap links to and from if needed. But I've noticed that, in the current system, if you click directly on the image or file that's been uploaded, it'll open it in a new window, which gives you access to the URL in the address bar. So instead of them copying it off a list page, I'm thinking of showing him that trick.

-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.