Notice: CMSB v2.05 Beta!

16 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 6, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Chris - June 18, 2010

Hi everyone,

We've just released v2.05 beta 1 (beta list members will get an email with a download link shortly).

The major new feature is a "view" mode for records, so you can examine a record without editing it.

We've also added the ability to specify a default value for list fields, as well as letting you restrict the depth of Category Menus. There have also been various little fixes and improvements. There are more details in changelog.txt in the ZIP file.

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please email dave@interactivetools.com to be added to the list.

Please post any feedback, questions or bugs you find! Thanks!

Thanks! :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Notice: CMSB v2.05 Beta!

• Archived  

By Djulia - June 18, 2010 - edited: June 18, 2010

Hi Chris,

I have an error message with the option View :
Couldn't find field class file: ../lib/fieldtypes/textField.php

Thanks,
Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Notice: CMSB v2.05 Beta!

• Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - June 19, 2010

Hi Chris,

I also have the error can't find class file "lib/fieldtypes/textfield.php". It appears that there is a typo. The actual file is called "textField.php" and if you look at the error the system is looking for a lowercase "f" so it is looking for "textfield.php". I haven't tried to change the name yet to see if it will work, but I will in a little bit and let you know.

Thanks
Mike
Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com

Re: [GraphicLingoes] Notice: CMSB v2.05 Beta!

• Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - June 19, 2010 - edited: June 19, 2010

Chris,

just changed the file name from "textField.php" to "textfield.php" with a lowercase "f" and re-uploaded and it worked so this just appears to be a typo in the code.

Thanks
Mike
Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com

• Archived  

By Djulia - June 20, 2010

That also functions for me. :)

Thanks,
Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Notice: CMSB v2.05 Beta!

• Archived  

By Chris - June 22, 2010

Thanks for the report and the fix!

Yes, please rename lib/fieldtypes/textField.php to lib/fieldtypes/textfield.php for the time being if you'd like to try out this beta. This will be fixed in the next beta. :)

P.S. If you have trouble renaming the file, I've found that sometimes you may need to rename it to something completely different first (e.g. textField.php -> foo.php, then foo.php -> textfield.php). I think I've run into this with an FTP client that did a case-insensitive comparison and incorrectly reasoned that both the old and new names were the same, thereby skipping sending the rename command.
All the best,
Chris

• Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - June 23, 2010

Hi Chris,

Think I found a bug. When you save from a single record section editor the blue success message does not appear at the top of the page like it does in the previous versions or like it does from the multi record section editors.

Let me know if you need a jing video of this.

Thanks
Mike
Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com

• Archived  

By Chris - June 23, 2010

Hi Mike,

Great catch, thanks! I'm not able to reproduce it here though, can I take you up on that jing video -- or, better yet, login info (via PM, not here!) please so I can try it myself? :D
All the best,
Chris

• Archived  

By flamerz - June 24, 2010 - edited: June 24, 2010

i hope you can reproduce this one:

i set in the Field Description (Field Editor screen) the following:

<?php echo "hola"; ?>

Just in the textfield that shows: (displayed after or below field)

When the action is edit... this works ok, but when the action is view its not shown.

I attach some screenshots... this looks confusing, is better to see in pic.
Attachments:

view.jpg 90K

Re: [flamerz] Notice: CMSB v2.05 Beta!

• Archived  

By Chris - June 24, 2010

Hi flamerz,

Good catch! Thanks, I've fixed this in our dev branch and the next beta will properly evaluate PHP tags on view pages.
All the best,
Chris