download mail plug-in help

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 7, 2011   (RSS)

By kovali - June 7, 2011

Hi,

Situation: I would like to offer downloads like documents, brochures etc. to website visitors who enter their e-mailaddress, name, and postal address.

Question 1: I understand that with the plug-in "download mail" I can store the mailform results (mailadress, name, postal address) in the CMS, correct ? I presume that afterwards, these results can be exported to csv with a second plug-in ??

Question 2: When a visitor has entered his (correct) e-mailaddress it would be nice to send out a confirmation e-mail with the download instructions or webpage url for downloading, is this possible or do I need extended scripting to do this ??

All help much appreciated !

Thanks,
Koen

Re: [kovali] download mail plug-in help

By Jason - June 7, 2011

Hi Koen,

Although this would be possible using the Download Mail plugin, it would take some extra programming in order to parse out their name and address would of the mail body.

A simpler solution would be to have your form post directly to a section in CMS Builder. You can then store each piece of information in a separate field that you can use however you like.

From the sounds of what you're describing, the Website [url http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Website-Membership-1012]Membership Plugin [/url] may be a better fit for your project. It will allow you to have users create an account on your site. You can modify the example forms to store as much information as you need about a user. When they create an account, the plugin will send them a confirmation email with a link to log in.

You can then use the plugin to make the page where they can download information password protected.

Hope this helps.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/