custom Column Type

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 1, 2018   (RSS)

By moh3 - July 30, 2018

Dear interactive tools, i was wondering how can you define a new custom Column Type which i found when looking in code, i'm trying to create a new field

so people can select like other field types such as text, editor, select, the field would be for a layout editor where you can build a layout and add any number of columns i have successfully added the field to the select list and define a class for it but i'm stuck on one thing when create a field within the section editor

the field type is created / selected and when visiting my section for adding content it's there but the field type is not being saved in the database it seems it's only saved in the schema file as meta data only ,

I hope someone would help i would be glad to share my code sample once done privately to CMS Builder team

By daniel - August 1, 2018

Hello,

There's currently no supported way to extend the field types in CMSB - they are hard-coded at various points throughout the core files. Customizing core code is not recommended as it will make your installation incompatible with future CMSB releases and is beyond the scope of support we can provide here.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com