a little info please

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > Off Topic / Other
Last Post: November 4, 2002   (RSS)

By walkerprod - November 2, 2002

I like your program I have been checking it out for about a week here on line and I think yours is the 1 for me but first I have a few questions.

1 I will be posting approx 50 ads daily including pics when I delete a ad will the jpeg's also be removed from my site or will they be removed automatically so im not wasting valuable space???

2 The ads i will be posting well have information that is not for the publics eyes only dealers eyes can the ads be password protected???

Thank you in advance

Bob Walker

Re: [walkerprod] a little info please

By Dave - November 4, 2002

Hi Bob,

You didn't mention which product you were checking out but I think the answers should be the same for most anyways so I'll give it a shot.

1. You bet, when you remove a record that has images associated with it the images will be removed as well. When the product generates HTML pages those will typically be removed too.

2. You can password protect the entire directory that the data gets published into so limit access to only certain users. There's lots of programs available on the web to do this. Or sometimes, depending on your webserver, you can just upload a file or two to set a password on a directory.

I hope that answers your questions, let me know if you need any more details or if there is anything else I can do to assist. : )
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com