User Permissions "Where fieldname = X"?

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 26, 2008   (RSS)

By tonythemediaguy - February 16, 2008

Is it possible to give users permissions with something like where a certain field is certain to something? I have over 50 pages with the same layout. And if I could just assign something to a text field when I make each one. Such as "123" for athletics. Then I can add a coach and give them permissions to pages to edit where a certain field equals "123"?

Is this possible? I don't want to have to create a template for each type of person that can edit.

Thanks,

Tony

Re: [tonythemediaguy] User Permissions "Where fieldname = X"?

By Dave - February 18, 2008

It's not possible right now.

The next version in development will let you have "owners" of records and only let users who see and edit the record they own.

We were hoping to get that version out by now but it's still probably a good week off. So options would be to wait for that or I could see about coming up with some kind of custom code change you could apply for a similar effect.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] User Permissions "Where fieldname = X"?

By tonythemediaguy - February 18, 2008

Hi,

I can wait for the upgrade for this feature. I just bought three copies of cms, but only one client needs this functionality.

Thanks,

Tony

By Dave - February 18, 2008

Ok, we'll get it out as soon as we can. Keep us up to date if you're clients schedule is getting closer. We want to do everything we can to help you meet your deadlines and CMS requirements.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] User Permissions "Where fieldname = X"?

By tonythemediaguy - February 25, 2008

Hi,

Just checking in a week later to see when this feature will be implemented?

By Dave - February 26, 2008

We're behind schedule on this one. All the preliminary work has been done so hopefully by the end of this week.

Sorry for the delay.
interactivetools.com