Uploading pdf files

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 15, 2008   (RSS)

By chrisl - April 12, 2008

Hi

I am missing something - have researched the forum and documentation but all I find for adding pdf uploads is the following from Dave:

For security, you can limit what file types are allowed for each upload field.

Find your upload field in the field editor and you'll see a field called "File extensions allowed:". This is a comma seperated list of allowed file extensions.

So you might change it to "gif, jpg, png, pdf" (without the quotes) or just "pdf" if that's all you want people uploading in that field.

Also, note that we're releasing a new version (I think today) that supports uploading through the wysiwyg as well. I'll post in the forum as soon as that's out.

Ok, humor me - where is the "upload field in the field editor" - in what file is it contained ... or am I missing something obvious! I am using the latest version.

cj
cj

Re: [chrisl] Uploading pdf files

By Dave - April 13, 2008

Hi Chris,

No problem, here's some more detailed instructions.

I'm assuming you've already created a Section Editor. I'll call that "Your Section".

Click on: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section

You should see a list of fields. Uploads are allowed in 'wysiwyg' and 'upload' fields. If you don't have either of those you'll need to create one.

Next, click 'modify' beside either a 'wysiwyg' or 'upload' type fields. You should get a popup with options for that field. If all the options aren't showing click "Show All" beside "Input Validation". More options should appear including one called "File extensions allowed: ".

You should be able to edit the values in that field and then click save.

Hope that helps, let me know if you get stuck along the way or need any more details.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Uploading pdf files

By chrisl - April 15, 2008

Hi

OK now I get it - was thinking it was like AM2 where actual files needed to be changed. Many thanks for quick response.

cj
cj