Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token in tiny_mce_gzip.php

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 21, 2022   (RSS)

By garyhoffmann - March 17, 2022

Hi - I'm having a very strange issue.  As far as I know, this just started and it only seems to effect this one site.  This happens to be an older site on 2.60 of CMSB.

When I try to go into any editor section that has a Wysiwyg field, I get the following errors:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token - this is occurring in tiny_mce_gzip.php

Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined - this is happening in the admin.php (as expected because of the first error)

What I have tried so far...

• I've removed all tiny_mce cache files I could find
  • I have tried to re-upload the correct version of tiny_mce_gzip.php
  • I have placed an even older version of tiny_mce_gzip.php on the site
  • I have placed an even newer, but still part of the 2.6* version on the site

I am a little bit out of ideas at this point as to what it could be.  Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Gary.

By garyhoffmann - March 17, 2022

I just wanted to follow-up.  I figured out the issue - I had zlib compression turned on.  zlib compression gets in the way, according to TinyMCE's website, in the gzip working as expected.  I turned that off and it worked OK.  

I'm not thrilled about having to turn this off as this is used to compress the website when being sent to browsers, so I'm going to need to move this into the CMS area only, but I wanted to pass along what I found out in the meantime.

By daniel - March 21, 2022

Hi garyhoffmann,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you were able to find a solution.

I'll also note that the implementation of TinyMCE in newer versions of CMSB does include an option to turn off compression (at the top of the tinymce.gzip.php file) which may help with this issue, so upgrading the CMS version could be an option if it's necessary to have zlib compression enabled.

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By garyhoffmann - March 21, 2022

Thanks Daniel.  I appreciate the follow-up.