Titles (in head)

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 15, 2008   (RSS)

By matrix - March 14, 2008 - edited: March 14, 2008

Is there a way to include the title of a "listPage" as a unique field (for instance, headTitle) between <title></title>? I tried placing the load code above the <head> tag and used the Title field variable but that didn't work. Unique titles for each published page would be ideal.

Any other suggestions, if we can't do it that way?

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else, but I can't find it.

Also, any ideas about constructing a Site Map other than handcoding in the links? With ArtMan I used a combination of hardcoded links and server side includes for the "articles." Worked great. Wondered if there are any little shortcuts here, too, I've missed.

Thank you.
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [matrix] Titles (in head)

By Dave - March 14, 2008

For the record pages you should be able to just move the code up above the title and print it out with something like <?php echo $record['title'] ?>. What error did you get when you tried that? If you wanted to try again and attach the code I could take a look.

For the sitemap, hmm, do you have an example of what you want it to create? Do you want it to list all your sections? You'd have to hardcode paths to the viewers but could certainly generate lists of articles.

Let me know some more details and we can try and figure it out. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Titles (in head)

By matrix - March 14, 2008 - edited: March 14, 2008

Got "Undefined variable" in the address bar when trying the title tag in the list page, but this works fine in the "page" templates. Thank you.

On the sitemap. Yes, it would be great to generate lists of articles. An example would be awesome. I don't have anything built yet and won't have until last thing on this project, so even example code showing only one section and related articles would be perfect.

Is it just a case of including multiple list viewers?

Thanks.
Happy Interactive Tools product user since 1999

Re: [matrix] Titles (in head)

By Dave - March 15, 2008

Oh I see. On the list page you'll probably need to create another section to load content. Since there's no way to know which record to load the "title" from. So multiple viewers is the way to go.

Same with the sitemap. I'd like hardcode a link to say "news" and then have a list viewer (with perPage set to 9999) that lists all the news links. And the same for each section.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com