Third Party TinyMCE File Managers? Can we add?

By dougdrury - February 17, 2010

I would like to add an upload manager to the TinyMCE distro in CMS Builder. Do you all have one you recommend and have tested with CMSB?

I was looking at Lunarvis' TinyBrowser or something like that. I know that I can edit the wysiwyg.php file and make some changes to enable this, but wanted to see if anyone had successfully used one over the other.

Thanks,
Doug

Re: [dougdrury] Third Party TinyMCE File Managers? Can we add?

By Dave - February 18, 2010

Hi Doug,

I haven't tried that add-on but our tinymce install is pretty standard. So you should be able to edit the /lib/wysiwyg.php config file and add the tinymce add-on to /3rdParty/tiny_mce/.

In can take a bit to get add-ons working, but those issue are typically not related to CMSB. One way to do it is to setup a stand-alone install of tinymce, get it working there with your add-on, and then move the code over.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Third Party TinyMCE File Managers? Can we add?

By dougdrury - February 18, 2010

I was able to get the Lunarvis TinyBrowser to work. I just followed option #1 in the readme.txt file and put the changes into the wysiwyg.php file. It was pretty easy.

Re: [dougdrury] Third Party TinyMCE File Managers? Can we add?

By Dave - February 19, 2010

That's great! Glad to hear it's working and thanks for posting back to let us know. :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com