Table Crash / Cronjob Help

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 23, 2018   (RSS)

By rez - July 17, 2018 - edited: July 19, 2018

MySQL Error: Table './site_cmsb/cmsb__error_log' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Has anyone seen this? Is this a hosting situation or CMSB? This is the error where the /cmsb login page should be. I read that there is a table repair in phpmyadmin but thought i better ask first.

What should i do about this? 

MySQL Error: Table error crash

By rez - July 17, 2018 - edited: July 17, 2018

My host ran a repair in phpmyadmin on the table and everything is looking good.

I used to have your plugin setup to back things up. It was easy. However, now I apparently need a cronjob and better look into that but the add-on doesnt show up in the plugin section anymore. I see that backup has it's own section. Is that in every CMSB now and the plugin is not needed?

By rez - July 18, 2018 - edited: July 18, 2018

Hi. This morning in CMS v3.12 (Build 2163):

I made a cronjob in cPanel for twice an hour yesterday.

Under Backup and Restore >  Database Restore: I only see the 2 sql files I manually created in CMSB using the backup button.

Background Tasks > status: 43 minutes ago. - I assume that must be the cronjob? I didn't run it manually 43 minutes ago.

Recent activity: none

Scheduled tasks: none

EDIT: I just changed the path to (replacing usr with my username):

/usr/local/bin/ea-php54 /home/usr/public_html/cmsb/cron.php

Which I had incorrectly set to ea-php5.6  - php is actually 5.4.45 so i dont know if I have this correct. I also had the dots in there overnight.

I haven't received any emails that this has failed. I'm just not sure it's working or how to verify. I assume I should have new sql files in the CMSB dropdown to restore to and recent activity. Please let me know how to verify or fix. Meanwhile, I'll verify the path with my host.

Thanks. 

Actually, since the 54 path, I now receive emails of errors: /bin/sh: /sardis/local/bin/ea-php54: No such file or directory

I'll take that up with my host. I sont k ow why 56 wasn't giving errors. Maybe it works because they have them all installed so it processes the command? I still feel like I should be seeing activity and nes SQL files in cmsb. Please advise, thanks.

By rez - July 18, 2018 - edited: July 19, 2018

Had to update to php 5.6 and believe i have the path correct with help from my host.

I am not receiving anymore email errors and in CMSB > Background tasks says it ran 7 minutes ago. However, I still only have the 2 manually created sql files under the "Backup and restore" tab.

• What am I missing? 
  • Also, what is the save button for in "Background Tasks" of CMSB? 
  • Your cron examples work fine when enabled in plug-ins. log entries and everything. I have disabled those to be less confusing. Do I have to look into how you did this as opposed to using cpanel to create my commands? I hope not. i like the cPanel UI

By rez - July 19, 2018 - edited: July 19, 2018

It appears I have the add-on plugin working now. I am getting files labeled daily, hourly, monthly, weekly. :) That's all I need.

However, I would still like to understand the cronjob situation above. By setting up the command and correct path in cPanel mentioned above, shouldn't I be getting those sql files here in Back Up and Restore as well?

By daniel - July 23, 2018

Hi rez,

Setting up the cron job in cPanel is necessary to tell CMSB to run its background tasks regularly, but it is generally add-ons such as Auto Backup that handle creating and running the tasks themselves. Once you sorted out the issues with the cron job in cPanel, it sounds like it still required the step of getting the Auto Backup add-on working before the backup tasks would start to run again.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com