Specify Separate Upload Folders

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 22, 2007   (RSS)

By rasbro - December 21, 2007

Is it possible to specify separate upload folders like in Page Publisher? For example: I would like to have a separate images upload folder under the /uploads/ directory, and a separate one for files. How would I do this?

Thanks for the great support in the forums!!

Brian

Re: [rasbro] Specify Separate Upload Folders

By Dave - December 21, 2007

You sure can. We actually just added that feature in v1.04. If you need to upgrade you can download the latest version (v1.05) here: http://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.cgi

You can specify upload folders on a per field basis. It's under "Advanced" in the upload field editor. Just check "se custom upload directory" and enter a directory and url (or click the reset link to set it to the default).
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Specify Separate Upload Folders

Great! Sounds like I need to just upgrade to newer version then. What about a global setting for specifying the separate upload directories?

By Dave - December 21, 2007

Well you can specify the default global upload dir in: Admin > General. Then you can specify a different directory for specific fields if you want by adding that in the field editor.

Not sure if that's what you mean. Let me know if I can answer any other questions about that.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Specify Separate Upload Folders

Now that I know I can use a saved template for new menus then it won't be a hassle to specify a different upload directory for each field. I just wanted a way to specify a different upload directory from what the default is for uploaded images, to keep them separate from other kinds of uploaded files.

Thanks,
Brian

By Dave - December 22, 2007

Ok, I understand. No, there's no way to have uploaded files go into different directories based on file type.

The only way to do that would be to have different upload fields for different upload types. One for images that only accepts (gif, jpg, png) and goes to one directory and one for other formats (doc, xls, pdf, mov, etc) that goes to another directory.
interactivetools.com