Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 22, 2008   (RSS)

By vaxinnate - February 21, 2008

Hi,

I have downloaded the trial version of CMS Builder nad followed the upload instructions.

I am having trouble in step number 6 .

I entered all the details in the http://www.example.com/cmsAdmin/admin.php and click Finish I get the following error message

Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the [url "http://php.net/security.cgi-bin"]manual page for CGI security[/#810081][/url].

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit [url "http://php.net/install.windows"]the manual page[/#810081][/url].

Please help us to solve this and evaluate the trail software

Thanks

Aravind Addanki

734-934-4375

helpdesk@vaxinnate.com

Re: [vaxinnate] Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

By Dave - February 21, 2008

HI Aravind, welcome to the forum!

A few questions:

1) What version of PHP do you have?
2) Do you manage the server or is it with a web hosting provider?
3) Do you have any other PHP scripts running on the server?

I think this is something to do with how PHP is installed on your server. If you'd like I can login and take a look to see if it's something we can fix or workaround in the software. If you'd like me to do that you can email ftp login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email only - don't post in forum).

Other than that let me know the answers on the questions and we'll see what we can figure out.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

By vaxinnate - February 21, 2008

Hi Dave,

I appreciate for you quick reply. please see the details below

1. PHP 4.4.1

2. It is with a webhosting provider.

3. We are not running any scripts on the server.

I will send you the ftp details. Please look into.

Thanks

Aravind

welcome to the forum!

A few questions:

1) What version of PHP do you have?
2) Do you manage the server or is it with a web hosting provider?
3) Do you have any other PHP scripts running on the server?

I think this is something to do with how PHP is installed on your server. If you'd like I can login and take a look to see if it's something we can fix or workaround in the software. If you'd like me to do that you can email ftp login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email only - don't post in forum).

Other than that let me know the answers on the questions and we'll see what we can figure out.

Re: [vaxinnate] Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

By Dave - February 22, 2008

Hi Aravind,

I sent you a reply via email. But for anyone else who has a similar problem and reads this in future. The program was having trouble finding itself and was linking to the wrong place. I added a patch to fix this and it will be in v1.10.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com