Report Generator Plugin

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: April 8, 2010   (RSS)

By pothompson - April 7, 2010

Do you have any plans, or would it be possible to create a 'Report Generator' plugin, allowing custom reports to be created by the end user?

I've found a product that does this called 'Smart report maker', but would prefer something that could be used from the Admin menus and was in the style of the rest of CMS Builder.

Thanks, Paul.

Re: [pothompson] Report Generator Plugin

By Donna - April 7, 2010

Hi Paul!

We don't have anything like that right now... but if you're interested in custom programming, drop an email to our consulting department at consulting@interactivetools.com. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

By Toledoh - April 7, 2010

Hi Paul.

I'm playing with using http://code.google.com/p/flot/ to generate charts based off the Membership and Favourites Plugins for a Real Estate Lisitngs website.

I'd be interested in what "generic" reports your hoping to generate.

As a standby, it's pretty easy to use the CSV export feature to get the data and do what you like with it.

Cheers,
Tim
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Report Generator Plugin

By pothompson - April 8, 2010

Hi Toledoh, thanks for the reply.

I can't say at this stage what the reports would be exactly, I was hoping to provide a reporting function for all clients as an optional extra so that they could extract simple reports as they wished.

For example, they might want to view all sales orders for a particular month, for a particular category of product, but include some customer information in each row of the results (and so the report would need to link two tables).

I've found something that does this in a way (http://mysqlreports.com/), but if something like this could be integrated into the CMS Builder software it would be a more seamless solution.

Thanks, Paul.

By Dave - April 8, 2010

Hi Paul,

I tried the demo at mysqlreports.com and didn't find it very intuitive, it seemed pretty complex. Were you able to get it to work for you?

There's so many different kinds of reports, I'm not sure how we'd make a user interface that would generate them all.

If you liked mysqlreports.com it might make sense to just figure out how to more easily link to it from CMSB and then display the reports within CMSB (or also linked).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com